Saturday, April 07, 2012

Pysanka on my mind.....

Happy Easter!!

I have had Pysanka on my mind for a couple of weeks. 

Way back in the early '90's my Aunt Mary taught me how to do Pysanka -   I became Pysanka crazed and created them obsessively for many years.  Not sure why - but my interest waned - I think I became watercolour obessed ;)

I dug out my favourites and took some pics to wish you all a Happy Easter!!


An ostrich egg - approx. 6.5"x5" - took me almost a week to create!!

Next 4 pics are regular chicken eggs....





This is a watercolour painting - approx. 11"x14" - not sure what year I painted this.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Emily, these are amazing. As someone who has tried this I am blown away by your skill and talent. Thank you so much for sharing such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Lorinda! I am not so sure what my results would be now after years of not practising ;) and ....ahem....my eyesight is not what it used to be!!

    ReplyDelete