Sunday, April 08, 2012

Stretch and Grow

Under this page is a heartfelt journal entry that I didn't wish to read or see again.  Setting out to obliterate my words I got out my Adirondack spray inks and stencils....spraying and flipping over the stencil to use up the juicy ink.  These inks are luscious and luminous and I just love the look of them.  BUT they are water soluable and every attempt to use them before has left me disappointed.  This page has been prepared waiting for journaling for months.

  After seeing Roben-Maries video I decided to just use Gesso in a few places to blend the inks - wow!!  I loved the look of the creamy colours after blending contrasting with the inks on their own.  I added a few cut outs from pages I made while using the inks - I used vintage book pages and did a bit of spraying through stencils and then flipping over and using the reverse side with all the runny inks.  A little bit of outlining with Sharpie Poster Paint pens (water based) and then the journaling. 

I do believe this page made me stretch and grow....



6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention and your colors and blending are very pleasing to the eye! I am especially fond of circles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We share a love of circles Roben-Marie! Thanks so much for stopping by - I appreciate it!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your process as you stretched and grew! This turned out so beautifully. Amazing colors and great lettering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments are awesome Lorinda - thank you so much!!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous spread in a beautiful journal! This inspires me to do more with altered books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I hope you share your results if you do - I really enjoy your blog...thank you!

      Delete